Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of passport
- Detailed inventory list in Albanian, valued, dated, and signed by the owner of the goods
- Work certificate from owner of the goods’ employer
- Copy of the owner of the goods’ employer identification number of taxable person (NIPT)
- Work permit
- Residence permit
- Authorization provided by the owner of the goods from the General Directory of Customs (non-diplomats)
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / air waybill (AWB)
- Copy of diplomatic passport (diplomats)
- Copy of diplomatic ID (diplomats)
- Items on the detailed inventory should be listed per categories such furniture, clothes, books, etc.
- For electrical appliances, include make, model, and serial number.
- Authorization from the General Directory of Customs applies to non-diplomats who apply for duty free Customs of personal effects.
- Documents must be received by agent prior to import.
- Original vehicle documents (title, invoices, registration, etc.)
- Copy of driver’s license
- Vehicle must meet the European technical standard requirements
- Rabies vaccination certificate
- Veterinary health certificate (from origin country)
- Pet passport
- Vaccination history
- Copy of owner of the goods’ passport
- Microchip / tattoo number
- Letter of employment by Albanian employing company
- The import of animals into Albania requires permission from the Albanian authorities
- Contact destination agent for additional information.
- Import of pets is permitted into Albania and there are no restrictions on what types of pets can be brought into the country.
- All pets must be check at the airport upon arrival by the Customs veterinarian.
- Duty / fee of the health check is roughly 50 EUR per pet.
- It takes approximately 24 hours to clear a pet arriving in Albania.
Antiques, Artifacts, Carpets, Paintings
- The importation of such items into Albania does not require registration upon arrival.
- It is however recommended to bring certificates of origin for items.
- When exporting artwork and antiques from Albania the original paperwork showing that antiques were originally brought into the country is needed to facilitate the process.
- Guns ammunition and explosives (police permit is required)
- The following household goods may be imported duty free by persons 18 years or older within the limits indicated:
- Cigarettes (200), cigarillos (100), cigars (50), tobacco (250 g)
- Alcohol (12 bottles)
- Perfume (50 g)
- For amounts exceeding the permitted limit duties and taxes are to be paid, amount is always determined by Customs authorities after checking the shipment.
- Illegal drugs
- Radioactive items
- Weapons, explosives and ammunition
- Meat products
- Knives and deadly weapons
- Plant and plant material
- Animals (permission from Albanian authorities required)
- Counterfeit money and products
- Pornographic material
- Subversive materials
- Toxic material
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
Movguru note: These policies can change as per customs regulations at any time without notice. Treat this document as informative guide. Movguru has published this document as guide only for information purpose on its sole discretion and holds no depiction of expressing or inferred to the precision or applicability of its content.