Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of passport
- Original change of residence certificate issued in the origin country, stamped by the Algerian Consulate
- Original detailed inventory issued in the origin country, signed, valued and stamped by the Algerian Consulate
- Original certificate work delivered to the Algerian company
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / air waybill (AWB)
- Copy of resident permit / receipt of application for resident permit
- Packing list
- Contract work delivered by the Algerian company
- Diplomatic franchise
- Diplomatic card
- Copy of the Consular card (to be certified by the Algerian Consulate at origin)
- Consular deregistration certificate (from the Algerian Consulate at origin)
- Original letter from the Algerian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) requesting the owner of the goods to come back to Algeria (Algerian diplomat)
- Original exemption certificate from the Algerian MoFA (Algerian diplomat)
- A radiation certificate from the consular services abroad must also be provided.
- Duty and tax exemption are only granted if valued inventory is less than 20,000 Euro.
- One shipment only is authorized duty free (1 by sea and 1 by air, maximum).
- All documents must be in French.
- Customer must be present for Customs purposes.
- Duty-free importation is only granted for a certain period; an extension must be applied to avoid penalties.
- Imported household goods must be re-exported when leaving the country (non-Algerians).
- Change of residence certificate must prove time abroad of at least 3 years and must be stamped by the Algerian Consulate at origin (returning citizens).
- A diplomatic franchise can be obtained by the diplomatic organization in Algiers (diplomats).
- Original change of residence certificate (stamped by Customs)
- Copy of diplomatic card
- Original registration card and non-sale certificate
- Valued inventory of the vehicle
- Original value declaration for the vehicle signed and stamped (diplomats) (on diplomatic organization letterhead)
- Letter of employment from diplomatic organization (diplomats)
- The maximum allowable engine power is 10 HP.
- Restrictions apply regarding importation of vehicles (age, power, etc.); contact agent for details.
- Veterinary health certificate
- Vaccination record
- All cats and dogs imported into Algeria require a veterinary health certificate and proof that the animal is vaccinated against rabies.
- Appliances and electronics (one item each permitted duty free); invoices and receipts stating make, model and serial numbers are required on the detailed Inventory.
- Firearms, explosives and ammunitions
- Knives and deadly weapons
- Illegal drugs
- Precious metals
- Plant and plant products
- Pets and animals (authorization prior to import is required)
- Pornographic material
- Gold and jewelry
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
Movguru note: These policies can change as per customs regulations at any time without notice. Treat this document as informative guide. Movguru has published this document as guide only for information purpose on its sole discretion and holds no depiction of expressing or inferred to the precision or applicability of its content.