Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Original passport with entry visa
- Packing list
- Inventory list
- Letter authorizing destination agent to clear the shipment upon arrival
- Personal effects and household goods can be imported duty-free under the primary condition:
- Household goods and personal effects are used and in reasonable quantities for personal use.
- Ownership title
- Invoice (for recently purchased vehicles)
- Duties and taxes are as follows:
- Value of $10,000 or less = 45% duty + 7% stamp tax
- Value of $10,000-$20,000 = 50% duty + 7% stamp tax
- Value of $20,000 or more = 65% duty + 7% stamp tax
- The requirements to transport dogs and cats may vary per origin country.
- If you wish to ship your pet, please contact the airline or country consulate/embassy for specific details concerning your type, breed, and documentation for pets.
- Plants (must be accompanied by a health certificate)
- Trailers and caravans
- Underwater guns (except for Hawaiian slings)
- Any articles that are contrary to Bahamian religious beliefs or morality
- Weapons and ammunition
- Fireworks and firecrackers
- Counterfeit currency
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
Movguru note: These policies can change as per customs regulations at any time without notice. Treat this document as informative guide. Movguru has published this document as guide only for information purpose on its sole discretion and holds no depiction of expressing or inferred to the precision or applicability of its content.