Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Work permit (non-Bermudian)
- Transfer of residence allowance (TRA)
- Customs traveler declaration form 98 (CTD)
- CAPS registration
- Cash valuation sheet
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / air waybill (AWB)
- Detailed inventory list
- The TRA is good for 90 days from issuance.
- Bermudian citizens returning to Bermuda must be able to prove time lived abroad for a minimum of 12 months in order to import their household goods duty free.
- Transport Control Department (TCD)
- OBL / AWB
- Bill of sale
- Certificate of title
- Overseas vehicle registration
- Owner’s manual
- To import a motor vehicle, the owner of the goods must be the original owner and have owned the vehicle within the 6 months prior to import.
- The TCD must be presented with the vehicle specifications for approval.
- The owner must provide the Transport Control Department the specific details of the vehicle including: make, model, curb weight, & horsepower.
- Vaccination record
- Veterinary health certificate
- Import permit issued by the Bermuda Department of Environmental Protection
- The vaccination record must show the animal has received at least two rabies vaccinations:
- The first after the age of 3 months,
- The second between 6-12 months, and with no significant lapses in vaccinations.
- The most recent vaccination must be given within 30 days and not more than 12 months prior to arrival.
- Vaccinations must be given by a licensed veterinarian.
- The vaccination record and veterinary health certificate must be dated and signed by a licensed veterinarian, showing veterinarian name, facility address, and telephone number.
- The veterinary health certificate must be issued within 10 days of import and must state that animal if free from communicable disease and external parasites; the name, date of birth, breed, description, owner’s name, owner’s name and address, and microchip identification of the pet must also be included.
- Certain restrictions apply for animals arriving from specific countries; contact agent for complete details.
- Cigarettes (200), cigars (50), tobacco (0.5 kg)
- Spirits and wine (1 L each); amounts above 1 L are charged duties of 25% of the value
- Weapons and ammunition
- Illegal drugs
- Pornographic materials
- Counterfeit items
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
Movguru note: These policies can change as per customs regulations at any time without notice. Treat this document as informative guide. Movguru has published this document as guide only for information purpose on its sole discretion and holds no depiction of expressing or inferred to the precision or applicability of its content.