Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Original bill of lading (OBL) (2 copies) / no express release accepted / air waybill (AWB)
- Packing list
- Copy of passport
- Copy of entry permit in passport
- Copy of residence permit
- Diplomatic exemption from the Cape Verdean Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) (expatriates and foreign diplomats)
- Personal effects may be imported duty free if occurring with 6 months of the owner of the goods’ initial arrival in Cape Verde and all documentation is available (returning citizens)
- Personal effects may be imported duty free during residence in Cape Verde, provided documentation is available (foreign diplomats)
- All documentation required for household goods
- OBL / AWB with brand, model, engine, and chassis numbers stated
- Original certificate of origin (used vehicles)
- Original purchase invoice (new vehicles)
- Insurance documentation from origin country
- Foreign diplomats, technicians, and coopérants may import a personally owned vehicle (POV) duty free.
- Duties and taxes will apply for others, percentage varies according to the vehicle; check with agent for details.
- Veterinarian health certificate
- Rabies vaccination certificate (dogs)
- Dogs also require an additional rabies vaccination certificate.
- Alcohol and tobacco (permitted in reasonable quantities and for personal use only)
- Narcotics and drugs
- Weapons and explosives
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
Movguru note: These policies can change as per customs regulations at any time without notice. Treat this document as informative guide. Movguru has published this document as guide only for information purpose on its sole discretion and holds no depiction of expressing or inferred to the precision or applicability of its content.