Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Detailed inventory
- Invoices (new goods)
- Customs import entry form, if applicable
- Appointment of agent form, if applicable
- Customs import / export declaration
- Declaration of unaccompanied personal effects, if applicable
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / express release / air waybill (AWB)
- When establishing residence in the Cayman Islands, household goods and personal effects moved within the first 6 months of residence are exempt from duties if the following conditions apply:
- Imported items are used personal belongings older than 6 months including computers and furniture (proof of date of purchase may be required).
- Vehicles, alcohol, and tobacco are not included in the duty exemption.
- Vehicle title / registration
- OBL / AWB
- Duties are approximately 27.5% of the cost, insurance, and freight (CIF) value.
- Vaccination record
- Veterinary health certificate
- Official health certificate for animal, bird, or fish / phytosanitary certificate for plant or plant product
- CITES certificate, if applicable
- Import permit obtained from the Cayman Islands Department of Agriculture
- The import permit must be obtained prior to the import of any live animal, bird, fish, plant, or plant product.
- Imported species are required to undergo inspection and must be accompanied by an original copy of an inspection certificate.
- The inspection certificate must be issued by the Agricultural Authority at origin.
- Dogs and cats must be at least 10 months old for import.
- An import permit application must be completed and submitted with an official health certificate and rabies report plus required fees.
- Dogs and cats must be permanently identified with a microchip transponder or tattoo; contact destination agent for specific requirements.
- Pets must be vaccinated against rabies by a licensed veterinarian using an approved inactivated vaccine.
- A blood test must be taken within 30 days after the vaccination to check for protective antibodies against rabies; approved laboratories must be used.
- Pets are eligible for entry 6 months after the date of the blood test showing a successful result.
- Rabies vaccinations older than 12 months or blood test results older than 2 years prior to import will be accepted.
- Contact veterinary services, Department of Agriculture, Grand Cayman Islands for more information.
- Firearms, ammunition, bullet proof vests and gun powder (an import permit and license signed by the Commissioner of Police is required)
- Controlled or illegal drugs or paraphernalia
- Obscene publication and articles
- Items depicting any reference to marijuana
- Counterfeit coins and notes
- Items for gambling
- Turtles and products related thereof
- Spear guns and Hawaiian slings and parts
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
Movguru note: These policies can change as per customs regulations at any time without notice. Treat this document as informative guide. Movguru has published this document as guide only for information purpose on its sole discretion and holds no depiction of expressing or inferred to the precision or applicability of its content.