Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / telex release / air waybill (AWB)
- Packing list valued in Euros
- Purchase receipts / sales invoices
- Certificate of change of residence
- Transfer of employment from employer
- Detailed valued inventory in Euros, no-sale attestation
- Cargo tracking note
- Diplomatic exemption certificate from diplomatic organization
- Household effects and office equipment (Customs duties and tax are 41% of the declared value).
- Documents must be received by the destination agent at least 8 days prior to shipment arrival.
- Customs clearance takes approximately 10-30 days.
- Non-diplomats must pay Customs fees of approximately 40% of the declared value on the packing list; fees for returning citizens are dependent upon the duration of stay abroad.
- Diplomats must obtain a diplomatic card from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs prior to shipment arrival, which may take up to 30 days.
- Diplomats are exempt from duty payment but must pay tax of approximately 1.5% of the declared value on the packing list in Euros.
- Original title / registration
- Customs tax and duties are based on the cost, insurance and freight (CIF), year of manufacture and engine power of the vehicle.
- Veterinarian health certificate
- Rabies vaccination certificate from origin country
- Documents must be available upon arrival of the shipment to Guinea-Bissau.
- New household effects and office equipment (Customs duties and taxes are approximately 41% of the declared value on the packing list)
- Alcohol (2.5 L)
- Perfume (bottles must be previously opened and a reasonable quantity for personal use)
- Foreign currency (must be declared upon arrival and sums larger than USD 2 million require a bank transfer)
- Illegal drugs
- Firearms and weapons
- Medicines and controlled drugs
- Plants and plant products
- Indecent, obscene, or pornographic materials
- Deadly weapons
- Counterfeit / pirated items / currencies
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
Movguru note: These policies can change as per customs regulations at any time without notice. Treat this document as informative guide. Movguru has published this document as guide only for information purpose on its sole discretion and holds no depiction of expressing or inferred to the precision or applicability of its content.