Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of passport
- Packing list
- Bill of lading (BL) / express release / air waybill (AWB)
- Resident permit / work permit / registration card / Hungarian ID
- Detailed inventory in English, dated, valued, signed by the owner of the goods
- Proof of living abroad a minimum of 1 year outside the European Union (company confirmation, utility bills, etc.)
- Bank guarantee, if applicable
- Imported items cannot be sold or leased.
- The shipment of used goods is duty free for non - citizens with a valid resident permit.
- If the resident permit is valid for less than 1 year, a bank guarantee is required for the amount of the duty and other applicable shipment costs.
- Original registration card
- Purchase invoice (must show purchase price and date of purchase)
- The duty rate on cars depends on the place of origin.
- The registration tax depends on the environmental class of the car plus a 27% value added tax.
- Health certificate
- Valid vaccination record
- Pets must be identifiable through tattoo or an electronic identification system.
- Pets may enter as checked baggage, as accompanied baggage, or as cargo.
- Firearms and ammunition (authorization from the territorial administration is required)
- Alcohol and spirits should be sent separately from the personal effects shipment and are subject to tax.
- Hunting weapons (authorization from the Ministry of Interior is required)
- The following household goods may be imported duty free within the limits indicated:
- Cigarettes (200), cigars (50), cigarillos (100), tobacco (500g)
- Unlawful drugs
- Explosive materials
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
Movguru note: These policies can change as per customs regulations at any time without notice. Treat this document as informative guide. Movguru has published this document as guide only for information purpose on its sole discretion and holds no depiction of expressing or inferred to the precision or applicability of its content.