Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of passport
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / Convention Marchandises Routiers (CMR) / air waybill (AWB)
- Packing list stating origin and creator of art items
- Detailed valued inventory stating quantity, unit value, and total value (the value should be different from the insurance value)
- Request for temporary import (issued from the employer in Kosovo) for Customs.
- Letter of employment (showing the duration of stay)
- Lease agreement / rental contract (showing address of temporary residence)
- Bank guarantee (must be equivalent to amount of total calculated Customs duties (provided by the employer)
- Copy of Kosovo ID (returning residents)
- Certificate of residence (returning residents)
- Customs export declaration (from previous export)
- Copy of United Nations Interim Administration Mission in Kosovo (UNMIK) ID
- Work certificate made in Pristina by the diplomatic organization (diplomats)
- Full duties are payable on goods identified on the Customs export declaration if bought less than 6 months prior to import.
- All documents required for personal effects are necessary for the import of motor vehicles.
- The owner of the goods must be present with passport at the Customs terminal for clearance.
- Original registration card
- Original sales certificate / purchase invoice
- For private import, vehicles must be less than 6 years old and must belong to the owner of the goods.
- For non-diplomatic shipments, full duties are payable if the car has been bought less than 6 months prior to import.
- The following should be stated in the shipping advice: model, type, number of chassis, number of doors, year of production, fuel, cubic centimeter, engine number, color, etc.
- For companies and organizations, imported vehicles must be less than 6 years old and must belong to the owner of the goods.
- Vaccination record
- Veterinary health certificate
- The veterinarian health certificate must indicate that the animals are in a healthy physical condition prior to import.
- Plant and plant products (permission and phytosanitary certificate are required); the phytosanitary certificate must indicate that the plants do not have harmful organisms
- Animal and animal products (permission is required)
- The following items may qualify for free import if within the limits indicated:
- Cigarettes (200), cigarillos (100), smoking tobacco (250 g)
- Alcoholic beverages over 22% volume (1 L)
- Illegal drugs
- Guns, ammunition and explosives
- Pornographic materials
- Counterfeit money and goods
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
Movguru note: These policies can change as per customs regulations at any time without notice. Treat this document as informative guide. Movguru has published this document as guide only for information purpose on its sole discretion and holds no depiction of expressing or inferred to the precision or applicability of its content.