Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of passport
- Packing list
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / no express release / air waybill (AWB)
- Original valued inventory in English, dated, and signed by the owner of the goods
- Invoices for all electrical items less than 6 months old
- Employment contract
- Diplomatic exemption (diplomats)
- The agent must receive documents at least 15 days prior to arrival of the shipment to allow agent time to apply for a duty exemption on the used household goods.
- The owner of the goods must be present during the clearing process.
- New personal effects are subject to 30% to 80% tax on declared value.
- The diplomatic organization will apply for documents on behalf of the owner of the goods with the local Ministry of Foreign Affairs and must have copies of the OBL / AWB and packing list to initiate Customs clearance (diplomats).
- Copy of passport
- Original registration card
- Owner of the goods’ employment contract
- Original purchase invoice
- OBL (no express release) / AWB
- Taxes on vehicles will depend on age, power, etc. of approximately 95% to 150% cost, insurance, and freight (CIF).
- The OBL must show chassis number, engine number, cubic capacity, year of manufacture, brand, and model.
- Veterinary health certificate
- Valid vaccination record
- Current vaccinations and permission from nearest embassy are required for the importation of live animals.
- Alcohol (subject to taxes)
- New electrical, electronic Items and computers are subject to 50% to 150% tax on the declared value
- One used computer is granted duty free
- Firearms and ammunitions (authorization from the territorial administration required)
- Illegal drugs
- Explosive materials
- Counterfeit items
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
Movguru note: These policies can change as per customs regulations at any time without notice. Treat this document as informative guide. Movguru has published this document as guide only for information purpose on its sole discretion and holds no depiction of expressing or inferred to the precision or applicability of its content.