Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of passport showing entry permit
- Packing list in French or English
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / express release accepted / air waybill (AWB)
- Original detailed inventory in French dated, valued, and signed by the owner of the goods
- Letter of employment
- Certificate of change of residence from the City Hall (or embassy), which certifies that the owner of the goods is a current resident and is departing the country
- Diplomatic franchise (diplomats)
- All containers arriving at TOE Bamako are scanned.
- Documents must be received by agent at least 15 days before the arrival of the shipment to minimize any port charges.
- It takes approximately 20–40 days to obtain the free-entry certificate.
- Express releases are acceptable but result in additional fees of EUR 100.00.
- A certificate for free entry must be obtained from the Customs head office; shipments are then duty free.
- The tax on new household items for all shipments is 45% on the declared value (excludes diplomats).
- The “Redevance Statistique” is 2.5% of the valued inventory for non-Malian citizens and 3.5% for returning citizens (excludes diplomats).
- The Fonds de Garantie Routier is 1% tax of the valued inventory for all shipments transported by road fromAbidjan,Ivory Coast toBamako,Mali.
- The diplomatic organization will apply for a diplomatic exemption document to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on behalf of the owner of the goods; it takes approximately15 days to obtain the exemption, to begin clearance (diplomats).
- Documents must be received by agent at least 15 days prior to arrival of the shipment in free entry status from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (diplomats).
- Original registration card
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / air waybill (AWB)
- Non-sale certificate
- Purchase invoice / certificate of value
- The duty rates on motor vehicles is as follows:
- If the motor vehicle is new, tax is 44% of the Argus value + EUR 40.00 / year
- If the motor is 10 years or older, tax is 44% of the Argus value + 10 x 40 = EUR 400.00
- Diplomats are exempt from tax on motor vehicles.
- Vaccination record
- Veterinary health certificate / sanitary certificate
- The veterinary health certificate / sanitary certificate must be issued from the country of origin within 3 days of import; it must specify that the animal has been free from any infectious disease or rabies for at least 6 weeks prior to import.
- Firearms and ammunition (authorization from the territorial administration is required)
- New computers (tax is 65%) - excludes diplomats, embassies and persons with authorization from the Malian Customs head office.
- New electrical items
- Prescription medications (health certificate required)
- Weapons (certificate is required)
- Books, films and pictures (subject to censorship and confiscation if contrary to local customs)
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
Movguru note: These policies can change as per customs regulations at any time without notice. Treat this document as informative guide. Movguru has published this document as guide only for information purpose on its sole discretion and holds no depiction of expressing or inferred to the precision or applicability of its content.