Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of passport
- Packing list
- Original bill of lading (OBL) - or express release / air waybill (AWB)
- Original valued inventory in French, dated, and signed by the owner of the goods
- Invoice for all electrical items less than 6 months old
- Resident permit / letter from employer / diplomatic card
- Non-sale certificate (must state that client will not sell personal effects in Mauritania)
- Used household goods may be imported duty free.
- All containers may be checked by Customs (including diplomatic shipments).
- The OBL must be accurate and declare all import items.
- Original registration card
- Insurance certificate
- Change of residence certificate
- Copy of passport
- Vehicles older than 8 years cannot be imported.
- Import taxes depend on the age of the vehicle as outlined:
- New vehicle: 78% of the car value
- Used vehicle: 50% of the car value
- Duty free for diplomatic vehicles or temporary admission.
- Chassis number, engine number, and weight of the vehicle must be stated on the OBL.
- Documents must be received by agent 1 week prior to importation.
- Rabies vaccination certificate
- Health certificate
- Rabies vaccination certificate and health certificate are required from the country or origin.
- Dogs and cats of less than 3 months old are exempt from sanitary regulation requirements.
- Sporting guns may be temporarily admitted (authorization from the Home Ministry prior to arrival is required in addition to gun and import licenses).
- The following items may be imported duty free with the limits indicated:
- Cigarettes (200), cigars (25), tobacco (1 lb.)
- Perfume (50 grams), eau-de-cologne (1/4 liter)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Pork and pork products
Recommended: Contact agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
Movguru note: These policies can change as per customs regulations at any time without notice. Treat this document as informative guide. Movguru has published this document as guide only for information purpose on its sole discretion and holds no depiction of expressing or inferred to the precision or applicability of its content.