Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Detailed inventory
- Pro-forma invoice
- Moldovan identification (returning citizens)
- Moldovan Resident Permit (immigrants)
- Resident permit / work permit (temporary imports)
- Letter of employment (temporary imports)
- Diplomatic passport (diplomats)
- Accreditation card (diplomats)
- The letter of employment must confirm the length of the contract in Moldova as guarantee for any temporary import.
- For surface shipments for returning citizens with a residence address in Chisinau, the shipment will be brought in Chisinau for Customs clearance.
- The goods will be inspected and estimated / valued by a Customs officer.
- If the goods were not exported temporarily, the shipment is subject to value added tax (VAT) of approximately 20%.
- Duties are approximately 0%-15% for new furniture from the estimated value.
- For surface shipments for immigrants, the import in Moldova is duty free for one time import.
- Title / registration
- Original bill of lading
- Cars are subject to duties.
- Vehicles older than 10 years cannot be imported.
- Diplomats may not import a motor vehicle until the accreditation card from the Moldovan Ministry of Foreign Affairs has been issued.
- For temporary import of a personal automobile, the owner of the goods must register the vehicle in the origin country.
- A fee of approximately EUR 95 will be collected by the Customs office for a temporary import.
- Duty-free import is done on a temporary basis of no longer than 12 months.
- However, the temporary import can be extended each year or when the owner of the goods’ resident permit expires and a new one is obtained.
- If the temporary import is not extended, the import file is sent to the contraband / smuggling department of the Customs office.
Note: Contact the destination agent for information.
- Cigarettes (200), cigarillos (50), cigars (50)
- Leather goods (purses, etc.) and knitwear (3 items)
- Shoes (2 pairs)
- Tape recorders, audio players, etc. (1 total)
- Video recording or reproducing devices (1 item)
- Alcohol (1 bottle), malt beer (5 L)
- Watches (3 items)
- Perfume (quantity for personal use only)
- Customs can prohibit the entry of certain goods or transport items which endanger or compromise the following:
- State security and public and moral order
- Environmental protection
- Protection of art objects and objects of historical / archeological value
- Intellectual property rights
- Domestic market
- Public interests
- Animal products
- Pornographic or subversive materials
- Perishable food items
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
Movguru note: These policies can change as per customs regulations at any time without notice. Treat this document as informative guide. Movguru has published this document as guide only for information purpose on its sole discretion and holds no depiction of expressing or inferred to the precision or applicability of its content.