Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of passport / visa / residence permit visa with page of entry stamp
- Packing list (in English)
- Copy of bill of lading (OBL) / express release or telex release / air waybill (AWB)
- Letter of employment (NOC)
- Letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (diplomats)
- Original authorization letter in Arabic
- The owner of the goods must be in Qatar during Customs clearance.
- The residence visa must be obtained prior to arrival of the shipment.
- Documents must be received by agent at least 5 days prior to arrival of the shipment.
- Customs will inspect all packages.
- Customs clearance takes approximately 3 - 4 business days from the date of receipt of the original documents required for clearance.
- Storage or demurrage charges will be billed back to the owner of the goods or agent per the receipt.
- All sea shipments that arrive at the Doha port after 6 months from the first entry date of the consignee will have a 5% customs duty levied.
- The Customs duty is 5% of the estimated value of goods determined by the Customs Valuation Committee plus the legalization charges of approximately USD $175.00.
- All prohibited articles detained by Customs may be destroyed without consignee's consent.
- All printed matter, records, films, books, pictures, tapes, slides, movies, videos, compact discs, computer software, etc. are subject to censorship and confiscation (must be packed separately for easy access) if caught with any of these items, customer will be subject to severe penalties and a possible jail term.
- Travel bags and packages must remain unlocked.
- Proof of ownership at origin
- Original import manifest
- Registration certificate
- Insurance policy
- Purchase / sales invoice
- Original bill of lading / air waybill
- Vehicles must be Gulf standard and left-hand drive.
- Automobiles should not be more than 5 years old.
- The owner of the vehicle must be a resident in Qatar prior to registration of the vehicle.
- A 5% Customs duty is charged on the value of the vehicle identified on the price on the purchase / sales invoice or its depreciated value and is determined at the discretion of the Customs Officer in charge.
- Vaccination record
- Veterinary health certificate
- The veterinary health certificate must be issued by a government approved veterinarian clinic in the origin country and must confirm that the animal is in good health with current vaccinations.
- The certificate must be dated within 2 weeks prior to the animal’s arrival in Qatar.
- Cigarettes (free import up to 400)
- Personal items and gifts (free import up to QAR 3,000.-.)
- Firearms (special permission from the Ministry of Defense in Qatar is required)
- Narcotic drugs
- Pork products
- Pornographic materials
- Politically subversive materials
- Explosives and explosive items, including fireworks and other flammable items
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
Movguru note: These policies can change as per customs regulations at any time without notice. Treat this document as informative guide. Movguru has published this document as guide only for information purpose on its sole discretion and holds no depiction of expressing or inferred to the precision or applicability of its content.