Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of passport
- Contact information
- Copy of tax identification number (if available)
- Packing list in English (must include details of all electrical appliances)
- Commercial invoices of the electrical appliances (if applicable)
- Detailed / valued inventory in English, dated, and signed by the owner of the goods
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / telex release / air waybill (AWB) (3 copies)
- Diplomatic passport, exemption form (diplomats)
- TIN number (owner of the goods has to apply for it at National Revenue Authority office)
- Exemption form (obtained from Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
- The bill of lading and cargo manifest must state the number of pieces.
- Import taxes are computed at 41% on all personal electrical appliances.
- Owner of the goods must pay a tax of 1.25% cost, insurance and freight (CIF) value on imports.
- For the telex release or express bill of lading, an additional 100 USD fee applies.
- The exemption form must be obtained from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs by the owners of the goods diplomatic organization in collaboration with the owner of the goods’ agent (diplomats).
- The exemption form for diplomats is required for Customs clearance and takes approximately 35 to 45 days to obtain.
- Diplomatic sea shipments are an additional 250 USD per shipment for the processing of the diplomatic duty-free documentation.
- Copy of passport
- Original bill of lading / air waybill
- Original registration card
- Original purchase invoice
- Residence permit
- The registration number must be shown on the original bill of lading or air waybill.
- Vaccination record
- Veterinary health certificate
- Import permit / import authorization
- Dogs and cats must be accompanied by the documents required.
- Arms and ammunition (Authorization from the Ministry of Interior, Intelligence Section is required)
- Plants (Authorization from the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry is required)
- Pharmaceuticals (Authorization from the Ministry of Health is required)
- The following items may qualify for free import within the limits indicated:
- Cigarettes (200) and tobacco (250 g) - no age restrictions
- Alcohol (1 q)
- Unlawful drugs
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
Movguru note: These policies can change as per customs regulations at any time without notice. Treat this document as informative guide. Movguru has published this document as guide only for information purpose on its sole discretion and holds no depiction of expressing or inferred to the precision or applicability of its content.