Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of passport showing the entry permit
- Packing list
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / air waybill (AWB) - no express release accepted
- Original inventory
- Residence permit / work permit
- CE 101 form
- DA65 or NEP form (returning citizens)
- Original inventory in English dated, valued, and signed by the owner of the goods.
- There is no tax on used household goods, and 14% charged on new goods.
- To re-enter with items without serial numbers, citizens must have DA65 or NEP forms completed upon departure from Swaziland; otherwise, the goods may be detained for proof of local purchase upon re-entry.
- Original registration card
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / air waybill (AWB)
- Purchase invoice
- DA 304A form
- Interpol clearance
- Import certificate
- If the vehicle has been owned and used by the owner of the goods for more than 12 months, no duties are applicable; if not, then 14% will be levied.
- Only 1 car per owner of the goods is allowed; additional cars will have duties levied on them.
- Vaccination record
- Veterinary health certificate
- Transit permit
- Import permit
- Pets must travel as manifested cargo.
- Documents must accompany pets.
- Vaccination record must show pets vaccinated at least 30 days prior to import, but not more than 6 months, issued in the country of origin.
- Veterinary health certificate must be signed, stamped, and dated within 5 days of import.
- For firearms and ammunitions, authorization from the Firearms Licensing Board is required.
- Alcohol - 1 bottle and duties of 14%
- Cosmetic creams require registration Ministry of Health
- The following items may qualify for free import:
- Cigarettes (400), cigars (50), tobacco (250 g)
- Perfume (10 fl. oz.)
- Unlawful drugs
- Local currency
- Potassium bromides
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
Movguru note: These policies can change as per customs regulations at any time without notice. Treat this document as informative guide. Movguru has published this document as guide only for information purpose on its sole discretion and holds no depiction of expressing or inferred to the precision or applicability of its content.