Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Scanned copy of passport photograph and signature pages (picture must be clear and legible)
- Scanned copy of the entry stamp, dated within the last 6 months (before shipment’s arrival date)
- Copy of bill of lading (BL) / air waybill (AWB)
- Inventory list / packing list in English
- Owner of the goods’ arrival flight details matching entry stamp into Taiwan
- Original signed Customs entrusting letter
- Customs declaration form (inward declaration form)
- Scanned copy, front and back, of the owner of the goods’ Taiwan ID (national citizens)
- Scanned copy, front and back, of the owner of the goods’ ARC or work permit (foreign citizens)
- Customs declaration form (inward passenger’s declaration) for unaccompanied baggage clearly indicating an “unaccompanied shipment”, completed upon arrival of the owner of the goods.
- This form can be obtained by the owner of the goods by exiting through the red channel of the airport baggage declaration area.
- If there is no declaration form, duty and taxes will be applied to the shipment.
- Household goods and personal effects will not be cleared prior to the owner of the goods’ arrival in Taiwan.
- All shipments are subject to inspection, excluding diplomatic shipments with a duty free exemption letter provided by Taiwan government.
- Shipment arrival must be within 6 months of entry into Taiwan by the owner of the goods.
- Used household goods and personal effects normally are entitled to be cleared duty / tax free if full documentation is presented to Custom Authorities.
- For air shipments, advise the agent of all related information (AWB number, number of packages, weight, and contact name and number of company).
- The average time for clearance after arrival is 2-3 working days.
- Wooden liftvans loaded as a full container load (FCL) in sea shipments must be indicated on the original bill of lading "CY toCFS" to avoid delays in customs inspections.
- Otherwise, there will be an additional charge of USD $300 for trailer from CY container terminal yard to CFS terminal warehouse for inspection plus USD $15.00/per CBM for CFS charge and USD 8/CBM for customs terminal fee.
- Containers will not be delivered port-to-door, except for diplomatic shipments.
- Containers must be unloaded at the Customs bonded warehouse for inspection.
- After Customs clearance, shipment will be transported to the residence by truck / van.
- The average time for clearance is 4 - 5 days for sea shipments.
- All untreated wood (e.g., liftvans and crates) must be fumigated using ISPM 15 standards.
- Copy of passport (photograph with signature pages)
- Original certificate of title
- Original bill of lading
- Original Taiwanese ID (nationals)
- Original of ARC (residence permit for non - citizens)
- Work permit
- Copy of vehicle invoice
- Vehicle declaration form
- All vehicles must pass an environmental test performed by the Taiwanese government; otherwise it will be returned to origin at owner of the goods’ expense.
- Vehicles not manufactured for the Taiwan market may not pass inspection.
- Vehicles must use unleaded gasoline and be left-hand drive.
- Copy of passport
- Certificate of health from origin country
- Vaccination record, must include rabies
- Blood rest certificate
- A quarantine period is required upon arrival.
- The certificate of health must indicate breed, sex, age and microchip number of the dog or cat
- The vaccination record must include date of vaccination against rabies with inactivated vaccine and whether the vaccination was primary or a booster.
- No clinical sign of rabies shown up on inspection.
- Need to apply import permit before sending pets to Taiwan.
- The blood rest certificate is for neutralization antibody, titration for rabies antibody, and must be done 180 days prior to the pet’s arrival date.
- It must be carried out by rabies reference laboratories of the World Organization for Animal Health or laboratories designated by the Bureau of Animal and Plant Health Inspection and Quarantine.
- Only one of the following items may be imported per family:
- Stove and refrigerator
- Washer and dryer
- Air conditioners and dehumidifiers
- Television sets, stereos, amplifiers, turn tables, speakers, tape decks, receivers, video players
- Duty rates for electrical items range from approximately 5% to 19.2% of the assessed value.
- Wine and liquor (maximum 5 L may be imported by sea only).
- If included in the shipment, it will delay the shipment due to Customs inspections which can take 10-14 days for clearance and calculation of duty and taxes, hence, demurrage charge will incur.
- Alcohol under 20% will be charged tax at NTD 7.00 / per percent.
- Alcohol over 20% will be charged NTD 185.00 / L.
- Duties for wine and liquor depend on the type of alcohol as follows:
- Wine and other spirit 40%
- Sparkling wine / champagne 20%
- Whisky Free
- Beer Free
- Non-perishable food items can be imported in small amounts (maximum 6 kgs) in sea shipments only.
- Food is subject to duty if the amount is too large for inclusion in a sea shipment.
- Food cannot be sent by air.
- Firearms, swords, long knives, and ammunition
- Narcotics and non-branded drugs
- If the shipment contains animal fur (lion skin, leopard skin, or ivory), please inform the owner of the goods to get a CITES approval before sending the mentioned items to Taiwan.
- Otherwise the goods will be confiscated and may also cause a lawsuit.
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
Movguru note: These policies can change as per customs regulations at any time without notice. Treat this document as informative guide. Movguru has published this document as guide only for information purpose on its sole discretion and holds no depiction of expressing or inferred to the precision or applicability of its content.