Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of passport
- Packing list in French
- Change of residence certificate / letter of transfer of employment
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / no express release / air waybill (AWB) (2 originals)
- Original valued inventory in French, dated, and signed by the owner of the goods
- Letter from the employer explaining the owner of the goods is starting a new contract in Togo
- Invoice for all electrical items less than 6 months old
- Resident permit / work permit / letter of employment
- Non-sale certificate (statement that owner of the goods will not sale his personal effects)
- Bordereau de Suivi de Cargaison (BSC) / cargo tracking note (CTN) to be obtained from shipping line at port of loading
- All documents must be provided to agent 2 weeks prior to arrival of the shipment in order to obtain duty-free clearance in advance of shipment arrival.
- If the owner of the goods is a diplomat, there is no tax provided a waiver of duties and taxes from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is obtained.
- If an owner of the goods is a private / expatriate / returning citizen, Customs will levy 10.5 % duties and taxes on the cost, insurance and freight (CIF) value.
- All shipments are subject to inspection by Customs, including diplomatic shipments.
- Original registration card
- Purchase invoice
- Non-sale certificate
- The duty rates on motor vehicles are as follows:
- No taxes if diplomatic
- 54 % CIF if private shipper
- 2% if owner of the goods working for international organizations
- Vehicles should be sent in a separate container from the shipment.
- Vaccination record
- Veterinary health certificate
- The veterinary health certificate must be issued within 3 days prior to arrival and state that the animal is and has been free from contagious disease at least 6 weeks prior to departure from the origin country.
- Pets may be transported as accompanied baggage or cargo.
- An import license is required for animals arriving from certain countries; contact agent for specific information.
- Alcohol (only "Fond de Cave") is accepted (20 bottles)
- The following items may qualify for free import if within the limits indicated by persons at least 15 years of age:
- Cigarettes (100), cigarillos (100), cigars (50), tobacco (100 g)
- Fruits and vegetables (a phytosanitary certificate is required)
- Firearms and ammunitions (authorization from the territorial administration is required)
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
Movguru note: These policies can change as per customs regulations at any time without notice. Treat this document as informative guide. Movguru has published this document as guide only for information purpose on its sole discretion and holds no depiction of expressing or inferred to the precision or applicability of its content.