Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of passport
- Copy of bill of lading (OBL) / air waybill (AWB)
- Copy of work permit, if applicable
- Detailed inventory
- Affidavit of returning resident (returning residents)
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs forms (diplomats)
- Diplomatic franchise (diplomats)
- Importer Registration (N number)
- An import license is required for appliances that contain refrigerant gas (e.g., refrigerator, etc.).
- Certified copy of title / registration
- Import license
- Copy of OBL
- The owner of the goods must apply for the import license prior to clearance of the vehicle.
- Vaccination record
- Veterinary health certificate
- Import permit
- The veterinary health certificate must be obtained from a veterinarian at origin.
- The import permit must be obtained upon entry.
- Weapons, including firearms, swords, etc. (require permission from the Police Commissioner of Trinidad and Tobago)
- New items less than 12 months old
- Alcohol (1 q.)
- Cigarettes - persons over 17 years or older (200), cigars (50), loose tobacco (1/2 lb.)
- Building materials (e.g., tiles)
- Communications equipment such as CB radios, walkie-talkies, etc.
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
Movguru note: These policies can change as per customs regulations at any time without notice. Treat this document as informative guide. Movguru has published this document as guide only for information purpose on its sole discretion and holds no depiction of expressing or inferred to the precision or applicability of its content.