Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of passport
- Copy of local ID / residence permit
- Declaration of value / pro-forma invoice
- Packing list
- List of electronic items (must include serial numbers and model)
- Letter of employment (must be for a minimum of 12 months)
- Copy of residential rental contract (must be for a minimum of 12 months)
- Copy of plane tickets showing return to Bulgaria
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / air waybill (AWB)
- Copy of diplomatic passport (diplomats)
- Power of attorney (returning citizens)
- Diplomatic ID (diplomats)
- Letter of assignment (diplomats only - issued by the embassy stating the position and duties of owner of the goods)
- Declaration for temporary import (diplomats)
- Original T2L (issued by Customs at country of origin)
- The declaration for temporary import must be prepared by the embassy and approved by the Bulgarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Baggage clearance occurs at the first airport of entry in Bulgaria.
- Non-prohibited items may be imported on a temporary basis for a period 6 months or less; Customs duties will not be charged with a letter of guarantee from a Bulgarian organization stating that the goods will be returned or duties will be paid.
Note: The movement of household goods imported by natural persons transferring their normal place of residence from a third country to the EU are admitted free of import duties and value added tax by the criterion set out in Articles 3 to 11 of Council Regulation (EC) No 1186 / 2009.
- Original vehicle title / registration
- Purchase invoice
- Technical data (model, make, year of production, first year of registration, kilowatts of the engine, color, etc.)
- The kilowatts of the engine must be indicated as per the European system DIN or American system SAE.
- Vehicle included in the HHG container may cause delays of shipment as vehicles are only cleared at specific Customs offices.
- Pet passport
- Vaccination record
- Veterinary health record / certificate
- Identification chip
- Veterinary health record must be issued by an authorized vet, identifying the origin and health status of the pet and made within 24 hours of its export.
- Pets under 3 months old must have lived indoors since birth.
- Rabies vaccination must not exceed 6 months prior.
- Animals are examined by personnel upon arrival.
- Guns and ammunition (permission must be obtained)
- Personal home computers as well as new electrical items are subject to Customs duties and taxes and purchases are required
- Precious metal, precious stones must be declared in writing.
- Medications for personal use can be imported but may not be expired.
- Tobacco may qualify for free import within the limits indicated:
- Cigarettes (200)
- Cigarillos (100)
- Cigars (50)
- Tobacco for smoking (250 grams)
- Alcohol may qualify for free import within the limits indicated:
- Wine (2 L)
- Sparkling or fortified wine (2 L)
- Spirits over 22% volume alcohol content (1 L)
- Coffee (500 g), coffee extract (200 g )
- Tea (100 g), tea extract (40 g)
- Perfume (50 g), eau de toilette (250 ml)
- Currency (cash sums greater than 8000 levs require the completion of a Customs declaration prior to import)
- Illegal drugs
- Pornographic materials
- Dangerous chemicals
- Knives and deadly weapons
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
Movguru note: These policies can change as per customs regulations at any time without notice. Treat this document as informative guide. Movguru has published this document as guide only for information purpose on its sole discretion and holds no depiction of expressing or inferred to the precision or applicability of its content.