Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of passport
- Packing list
- Express bill of lading (OBL) / air waybill (AWB)
- Resident ID card / Estonian ID card
- Proof that the person as worked / lived outside EU for last 12 months
- Copy of working contract in Estonia
- Copy of Estonian lease agreement
- Copy of plane ticket (used for confirmation of arrival date to Estonia)
- It takes approximately 20–40 days to obtain a resident ID card / Estonian ID card.
- Relevant documents must be received by the agent prior to the arrival of the shipment to minimize port charges.
- New items (less than 6 months in the possession of the owner of the goods) are subject to import duties and taxes.
- Duty free import is allowed within 12 months after arrival to Estonia.
- Original registration card / title
- Copy of passport
- OBL / AWB
- Customs declaration form
- Car invoice (must show purchase price and date of purchase)
- Letter of employment
- Owner of the goods must obtain a Customs declaration and a Customs certificate in order to register the vehicle with the Estonian Motor Vehicle Registration Center (ARK).
- Vehicles must be presented for a pre-registration inspection to ARK prior to Customs clearance and registration.
- Duty free import is allowed if owner of the goods can present all documents specified.
- It is mandatory that a vehicle obtained outside of Estonia must be registered within 5 days of Customs clearance.
- Vaccination record
- Veterinary health certificate
- Pets may enter as accompanied baggage, in the cabin, or as cargo.
- Birds arriving from countries infected with Avian influenza cannot be imported.
- Certain breeds of dogs are prohibited from entry into Estonia
- Contact agent for specific information.
- Firearms and ammunition (authorization from the territorial administration is required)
- Alcohol and spirits (should be sent separately from the personal effects shipment and are subject to 100% tax)
- Endangered species and any products or parts thereof as outlined by CITES (authorization from CITES is required)
- Hunting weapons (authorization from the Ministry of Interior is required)
- Unlawful drugs
- Explosive materials
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
Movguru note: These policies can change as per customs regulations at any time without notice. Treat this document as informative guide. Movguru has published this document as guide only for information purpose on its sole discretion and holds no depiction of expressing or inferred to the precision or applicability of its content.