Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Original passport
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / express release / air waybill (AWB)
- Original inventory of all items (with serial numbers of electrical appliance to be written on)
- Original packing list with values in USD and English
- Freight invoice - for customs clearance purposes
- Resident / work permit / letter of employment
- Resident stamp / work permit / letter of employment / termination letter must explain details of new contract in Zimbabwe.
- Returning citizens must have payslips for the past 2 years and a bank statement for last 6 months, along with an exit stamp of when the owner of the goods left (required for interview with customs) (returning resident).
- Letter of appointment from organization in Zimbabwe (client is on work permit).
- Those working on a work permit must have letter of appointment from organization.
- Diplomats must have report order letter from the Embassy in Zimbabwe and a diplomatic ID card.
- Goods should be only household goods and personal effects in order to be duty free.
- Owners of the goods must be present during Customs clearance.
- Customs will inspect all shipments.
- Diplomats are exempt from duties.
- Diplomats and returning citizens who live 2 or more years abroad are exempt from duties.
- A duty exemption letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs must be obtained for diplomatic shipments.
- Original registration card
- Certificate of ownership
- Change of residence certificate
- Copy of purchase invoice
- Taxes on vehicle will depend on age, power, etc. (100% to 110% CIF).
- The OBL must show the chassis number, engine number, cubic capacity, year of manufacture, brand, and model.
- Certificate of vaccination
- Zimbabwe veterinary health certificate
- Import license (from the Director of Veterinary Services)
- Permission from the Director of Veterinary Services is required prior to import.
- Plants and seeds and animals (agricultural certificate and phytosanitary certificate are required from the Embassy)
- Firearms and ammunitions (authorization from the territorial administration is required)
- Wine and spirits (2 L)
- Cigarettes (200)
- Explosive materials
- Foreign soil
- Pornography, defamatory or obscene publications
- Cultural artifacts and other objects of cultural importance
- Palm tree and any products thereof
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
Movguru note: These policies can change as per customs regulations at any time without notice. Treat this document as informative guide. Movguru has published this document as guide only for information purpose on its sole discretion and holds no depiction of expressing or inferred to the precision or applicability of its content.